Saturday, May 2, 2009

LOVE


LOVE..Heard the word when I was in nursery and didn't know what it meant...My Friend from nursery told me that love is a BAD word.People who fall in love are not good people.So one fine day, my dad asked me how much I loved him and I told him that I didn't love him as people who love OTHERS ARE BAD....REALLY BAD.Hearing this reply from a four year old my dad started laughing..Now when I think of that day I feel like a fool...I never really believed in the word LOVE.Till 2001, I used to think that Love is the other name for CONVENIENCE..Really .....I used to wonder why do people fall in love?I used to keep asking myself why do people fall in love ....What is soo special about it.....Some told me that it is an essence of life..Some told me that it is a magic potion..Some told me that Love is a headache and you would love to get this headache..Oneday I asked my dad -WHAT IS LOVE?He gave me the most shocking reply.He said something which I couldn't believe .He said - '' Love is great but it comes with an expiry date AND...'' My dad didn't complete his sentence and left the room...I couldn't sleep the entire night because now I was scared to fall in love.I was very scared that I might fall in love with a person and one fine morning when I wake up I will stop loving that person..Now I was very scared of the word COMMITMENT.I used to be scared even using the very word -COMMITMENT.Not that I didn't date guys.I did but for a brief period because I was influenced by my dad's word and used to break up in couple of days as I was scared that I might fall out of love and before that day would come in my life I used to BREAK UP...But you can't really run away from LOVE....It was the very day I was running away from love and was trying to avoid my ex bf I found love in someone.Let us call him MR X....3 years in a relationship and I second my dad's words --LOVE DOES COME WITH AN EXPIRY DATE ....but TRUE LOVE is when you know u love each other when it is not exciting anymore.You know you want to be with each other... for soo many reasons.. NOT JUST LOVE and you open your heart and become selfless..Love is not all about buying expensive gifts,Talking on the phone the entire night...Love is not cheesy lines and excitement.It is a process of knowing each others faults and loving them with your whole heart.....I am sure the lines which I wrote right now are the exact words my dad meant but wanted me to discover it myself...The moment you find the person for whom you feel like this don't let him/her go.Don't console yourself by saying he/she is just a friend.Don't use the word friend for someone you love.Friend is an overrated word..Because the moment you do that you will spoil everything for yourself..I didn't commit this mistake.....Go for it..Follow your heart..Tell that person you love him/her.Don't keep waiting for the right moment.Trust me no moment is right.Don't be scared of being refused.Fall in love...Love is a beautiful thing....This blog is for someone I love the most and want to spend the rest of my life with him..Loving his faults...

3 comments:

  1. The right moment is very important! Why don't you understand? hunh?? Tell me why? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO it isn't..u have to make it right..by saying the right words..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good sharing... Pallavi. This is a subject that you can probably write about ... again and again... and every time you will get another perspective... because... life changes... ideas change... and we do too... Wish you all the love you deserve.... (desire?).

    ReplyDelete